Weekender Pullover KAL yarn kit by Andrea Mowry
This has been one of my favourites since the pattern was launched. The perfect yarn to knit it with? Amulette DK, a blend of non-superwash merino, linen & Silk by Pause-sur-le-Temps (a Quebec dyer). Softness & strength put together to give you the perfect results for this casual pullover.
The texture, the mock seams, the drop shoulders and the loose fit create a flattering, go-anywhere knit. Perfect for wearing to the office or for a weekend walk in the woods.
Important KAL (Knit-a-long) dates:
- Kits shipped: September 30th
- KAL ends: November 29th (8 weeks)
- You can get help, in French, along with the contest details, in the Groupe d'Entraide on Facebook - link here
You must purchase your pattern on ravelry here.
There is sufficient yarn to complete the project, according to the quantities stipulated in the pattern, but we are using a DK weight instead of Worsted weight. We were able to get the same gauge with the dk yarn, 18 stitches over 10cm, blocked. Adjust your needle size until you get the right gauge on your swatch.
The pullover has a 10 inch positive ease.
To choose the right size, measure your bust at its widest point and add 10 inches, and the sizes are numbered below:
- #1 is 39.5 inches or 100.5cm
- #2 is 44 inches or 112cm
- #3 is 48.5 inches or 12cm
- #4 is 52 inches or 132cm
- #5 is 56 inches or 143.5cm
- #6 is 60 inches or 152.5cm
- #7 is 64.5 inches or 164cm
- #8 is 68 inches or 173cm
- #9 is 72.5 or 184cm